Guest Bedroom Comforts
The holidays bring lots of family and guests into our homes. Make your overnight guests feel comfortable and welcome by putting together a little basket or tray with snacks and treats that say, we’re glad you are here! Things you can add to the basket might be: A favorite book, fresh flowers, your guest’s favorite drink and snacks, pens and blank notepads, a small candle, a list of places you love in your city, a disposable camera and a handwritten welcome! Basically, anything to make your guests feel at home, along with those little items you’ve kicked yourself for forgetting while traveling.
Here are a few additional thoughts:
– Add layers, like a cozy throw to the bed so that guests stay cozy at night.
– Provide miniature luxurious soaps and lotions in the bathroom.
– If you have the space, put an armchair in your guest room. If someone wants alone time, they can curl up in the room and not be confined to the bed.
– If you feel comfortable with it, let your visitors come and go as they please with their own set of house keys—on a keychain too big to forget!
– Keep sets of guest towels together, bound with twill tape or ribbon. When visitors arrive, just transfer a stack from linen closet to guest bedroom.
– Make sure there is adequate closet and drawer space. Supply a variety of hangers — at least a dozen good wooden or metal ones — that will hold trousers and jackets, flimsy dresses, and heavy coats. And make certain there is a full-length mirror.
– Store enough bath tissue and other necessities in your bathroom, so guests never have to make an awkward request for more.
– Provide a notecard jotted with important info like Internet username and password, this makes it easy for guests to get online.
Most of all…take time to unwind and enjoy one another’s company. The holidays can be a festive, but stressful time of year. Embrace those you love and enjoy the holiday season!
(click on images to enlarge) From left to right: Decanters from Roost, available through Objects, Ltd. – Customizable pillows from Studio 773, available through CAI Designs – Wire basket and Aspen Candles from Roost, available through Objects, Ltd.
(click on images to enlarge) From left to right: Eastern Accents Bedding available through CAI Designs – Palecek Basket available through CAI Designs – Arteriors Decanter and Wire Candle Holder available through Objects, Ltd. – elegant gift wrapping – Colorado Crafted Gift Box
(click on images to enlarge) From left to right: Thom Filicia fabrics and pillow available through Kravet Fabrics/Lee Jofa – Palecek Newspaper tray available through CAI Designs – Green Glass Vase available through CAI Designs – Roost Porcelain baskets available through Objects, Ltd. – Roost Felt Ball Garland available through Objects, Ltd. – bright and cheery gift wrapping